3.06.2009

On a stormy night in a tent in Australia, my English friend, Vanessa, and I found humor to our situation. We were like a casserole in an oven, topped with layers of towels, pants and sweaters (or as Vanessa would call: “knickers” and “jumpers”). Our little oven withheld the pounding rain and brisk air until morning broke. We arose to live to see the 7am sunrise, feeling smug with a sense of accomplishment.
The small tent experience built strength in us girls. I have found that God is continually rebuilding strength in me along my travels. Ongoing themes, such as ‘independence’ or ‘lonliness’ were also common themes in this journey.
Strength, independence, and lonliness all maintain lessons of God. I recently have learned to obtain a posture that is capable of receiving newness from God, and the tent was symbolic of the refueling action that took place in the land of “Oz”.
Throughout the three weeks of backpacking Australia’s East Coast, my relationship with God became whole and my faith had euphemism again.
I have been told that I exude joy, must be because I often show my pearly whites, but now my smile is brighter than ever! New levels of joy have been received on March 1st, 2009. I was baptized at Sydney’s Hillsong Church- a sacramental act that has been heavy on my heart for nearly a year. Receiving Him in this way has redefined a newness of strength, independence, and joy! 
Small tent stories or other backpacker’s tales could express the fun and adventure that I have had in Oz, but furthermore, baptism is surely the epitome of all my travel stories throughout the past two months! It reveals my exuberant joy and concludes my travels with a newness I have found through God, life, good company, and the opportunity to receive Him to the fullest each day!

0 comments:
Post a Comment