5.03.2008

I haven’t written a long blurb in a while, but it’s early on Saturday morning (10 is early for me) and I really need a break from writing my 10-page paper about interpersonal relationships (Communication major- go figure)…

I am wrapping up the end of my 3rd year of college and a wonderful summer filed with close friends and family is near. Though before a fun summer begins, I’ve been reflecting on this past year. To admit honestly, I started the year off completely broken, a trend that has followed me in my first few years away from home. Life out here, on my own, has been rough without parents, a reliable car or a steady home. My grades were manageable, but my required classes were flying by and I was soon to be launched into the “real world” way sooner than I wanted. After freaking out a bit, I began realizing the value in my age and immaturity. I never been able to be a child, since high school I jumped in way deep into a role of acting mature and responsible without being given the opportunity to live free from true responsibilities. This year I accepted the grace of help from family and I got to privilege to live out this year enjoying the gift of euphemism again (Thanks mom and Mark for helping me financially- It means more to me than you know). The vision cast for the year was solely to enjoy relationships and not stress about school. The results of this new found lifestyle has brought a lot of ease and accomplishment.

This year I not only made it into the Communication department’s honors society, I was elected as treasurer to serve as an officer for the upcoming year. I was awarded a nice certificate, a pin, and I will be graduating with cords. Not only did I achieve within my major but my GPA was high enough to qualify for Vanguard’s honor role! I’m getting a small glimpse of what it is like to be Joe ;P hehe

School is going great, but moreover, the relationships I have managed this year are blowing my mind. I have had the privilege of getting to know a boy, Ryan, who has inspired me in many ways but mostly to understand an intellectual approach to my faith. He wants to go to seminary and he is extremely relational, like me. This semester has been so fun hanging out, getting into deep conversations, playing lots of scrabble, and just socializing with mutual friends. The highlight for us was definitely going to Vanguard’s end of the year banquet together (I just posted pics). We’ll see how this summer will change Ryan and I, but I’m happy for knowing him. He has inspired my life in more ways that I can say.

A new baby will be joining our family soon, my first niece! I have a packed summer of fun things to do and people to see but I cant even hold in my excitement about little Noella when people ask me about my summer plans. People assume that hanging out with Melissa and Noella is the only thing on my agenda, though we have to wait patiently until it is almost July before she comes! Hehe I can’t wait- I am so on the baby train! Thanks for reading about my past year, accomplishments, and my summer plans (Noella plans). Please keep me in your prayers and I wrap up my finals, say goodbye to all my close senior friends, and prepare to leave the area for the whole summer ☺

Peace,
Jenna

0 comments: