2.23.2007



So I started assistant coaching the Newport Harbor High School Track and Field Team two weeks ago. It has really been so much fun already, I am really lookijng forward to a whole season spending time with the girls.

I work out with the sprinters and I pretty much do everything they do for their workout. Its fun calling this "work" because I really love high school students, to run, and to represent St. Andrews/Christianity.

It an amazing opportunity to get to know more students and friends of the students who already attend the youth group. The main reason why I am there is to branch out into the community at the local public high school and to just be present onto their campus. Its called witnessing, when you can show others through your own life, what a life with Jesus looks like.

So anyway, in high school I ran the Hurdles events (100 High Hurdles and the 300 Hurdles) and my other main event was the POle Vault. As we get through with our initial "training weeks" and become more consistent we should be working on events more often. Im really looking forward to hurdles the most, there is even a senior girl, Jessica, who goes to state and last year she placed 5th! Really looking forward to continuing the Newport Harbor High School legacy in the women's hurdles events and i cant wait to train new freshman and sophomores in this event!!!

0 comments: