2.08.2009













Photos uploaded to Facebook from my travels around the Philippines:

My cousin, Kakoo, and I went to La Union (a northern province in Luzon) to see the city of San Fernando, where my mom grew up. Kakoo grew up there as well- she spends a lot of time and her friends are pretty cool people (all surfers). When we arrived they told us all about the surf competition that was happening that weekend. After they got me to sign up, I ended up winning first in my beginner’s heat and making it to the semifinals! My first round was 15 minutes to catch the best of 2 waves and the second was the same- it was so intense out there! I got out of the comp just before qualifying for a sweet bamboo trophy (sad). I had such a blast though- It was one of those experiences that I would never take back in a million years!

Other than randomly entering surf competitions, Kakoo and I took a jeepney into the city of San Fernando to see the house my mom grew up in, her grade school, old church, and we explored the wet market (I ♥ wet markets!). We really had such a great long weekend but it was such a flip from Nepal- let me tell ya.

Mountains to beach- here are pics to explain more about this amazing trip to the beautiful: La Union.! Enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30505255&l=bfa5a&id=176800066





0 comments: