2.08.2009

The moment I came back to the islands, I have been road tripping to different parts of Luzon.

First, Kakoo and I spent a long weekend in my mother's hometown of La Union. Before returning home from the beach, we took a quick trip to the mountains to see the artistic city of Baguio.






Then Auntie May, the "Lola's", or my Lola and her best friend, Ida, and I went to Subic and Olongapo. Two days later, the same group hopped back in the car for another day trip to see my lola's hometown of Laguna. There, we also spent time with her brother, Lolo Freddie, and his family (Tita Mary and Tito Agji).

Time spend in the Philippines is winding down now, as I am preparing to leave soon. There are over 7,000 island that make up the Philippines and I've only been on 4 ;P The list of new foods is longer than my count of islands explored: Champorado, Adobo, Pancit, Menudo, Corned Beef, Siopao/Sioami, Matilok, Bituka Ng Manok, Banana Cue, Araroseps, Kesong Puei, Balut, Lanzones, Ube, Buko Salad, Espasol, and plenty of rice to last me a lifetime (Pupo Bumbomg, Goto). Some of these foods were great and some were very bad, but all in all I have embraced my Filippino heritage to the fullest (by eating A LOT)!

As Tita Kay would say, "I'm hungry…Let's eat!"

The pics are up on Facebook already:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2016946&l=c052d&id=176800066

0 comments: