2.01.2009
The time has come to finally write an update that is worth reading. In the attempt to find a perfect time to write about my experiences, I have wasted many opportunities. Obstacles like net cafe's or slow connection have left me in a period of wanting and never doing. This entry is for my literate audience…
I’ve seen and done some pretty mind-blowing things in the past month.
There have been a handful of spectacular moments where I have stopped in complete awe of my blessings, such as when I found myself alone on a deserted beach, or when I caught a glimpse of Everest from the window, and today I have thanked God as I spent time with local surfers in La Union, Phils.
It amazes me that in the beginning of this epic journey, I was in a state of wondering. I crossed paths with two words that stuck with me: home and vagabond. Upon graduating college, I have realized that my skewed sense of HOME needs tending. Then I heard the word VAGABOND, describing an itinerant person characterized by continuous travel. I would consider myself a vagabond, even before this trip.
I have been between many houses, dorms, apts., etc., but when it came time to create a fixed home for myself my free spirit wouldn't have it. But understand: not all those that wander are lost. Although adventure is obvious in my life today, I know my spirit will be filled with adventure forever. I have learned to embrace many homes, to be content in travel, and I have also embraced CHANGES in my life. When it comes time to settle down, I'll be ambitious to charge anything God's got in store. Life's responsibilities can never tie down this vagabond, because having an unfulfilled life of stagnant growth is worse to me than never finding a fixed home.
Though adventure seems to be first on my mind, my travels have brought lessons of faith and I am more dedicated to God's will these days. Unexpected encounters with spirituality are often, such as: being in Manila during the Festival of the Black Nazarene, living as a Christian in a Buddhist culture in Nepal, seeing my grandmother pray, or seeing children play and laugh in a shanty orphanage. I have learned that dedicating each day to the Lord brings freedom like no other, a home, and a future that is brighter in His will then my own.
Hoping you will be praying for me as I live in the moment of every day God gives me ;)

0 comments:
Post a Comment