1.28.2009
Upon arriving to Nepal , it seemed to bring back memories of India instantly. Some women were wearing saris, smells of curry and spices filled the air, and the movement of hustling people crowded the city streets. It was difficult getting from place to place my first few days, as the alley's were small and everything was in the opposite direction. I managed to stay alive though, as my friend, Rhoman, was able to keep me in check. Rhoman works for an NGO called Tiny Hands, with 10 orphanages and various children programs. I was eager to visit the homes, as well as, to experience all that Kathmandu had to offer. We saw various Buddhist temples, took a flight over the Himalayas to check out Everest, and we walked the tourist district to watch various trekkers and hippies. I really wish I could say more about each place I visit, but I just don't have that kind of time at these Internet Cafe's. In summary though, Nepal was was an unexpected, life-changing trip. I am following God's will into the next phase of my life and Nepal was just one testament to His direction working.










0 comments:
Post a Comment