7.17.2012
Man, what happened to me? When I was young and single I was always willing to explore on my own. No fear. Now I'm old, married, and reliant on my husband's direction and muscle. Let me explain... Our first day in the Tiny Hands Nepal office yesterday, we discovered that Jon's one day of training will have to suffice for the next month as his colleague will be taking a vacation. So those two positions before now became three! Jon will need to diligently be at the THN office every weekday from 10-5. So what will I be doing?! Still have no idea. I lost my husband to the office again...that didn't take long after leaving DC :P We are in a 'phase 2' of our 'orientation week': where about 25 Tiny Hands people are all here. Meaning, it's not just Jon and I 24/7. As Jon's in the office, I've decided to take advantage of my free time and venture off into the city alone. I look at it as 'my very important job'. Yesterday was a huge break through because a girlfriend of a TH staff member took me to a nearby grocery store!!!! YAY. It was amazing to walk through aisles of 'normal' foods and get inspired instead of turned off by the difficulty of cooking in Nepal. That was a huge find. Today we started our day at breakfast with everyone that just got back into town. Then Jon went to the office (the new routine for him) and a group of us that recently moved here went to the MASSIVE mega-shopping center. It had everything. It was all the way across town so it's not super convenient but it was definitely good to know it exists. With now finding these awesome stores full of 'normal' things, things are progressively getting better by the day. I'm also really inspired to dig deep and rediscover more of my former 'daring single gal-ness' without loosing all the important bits of being married. I love that my husband's muscles can lift juggs of water, groceries, luggage and can pull me out of harms way on the streets of Nepal. It's much better exploring with him but for when's he's stuck in the office, I relearning how to manage without him :P

0 comments:
Post a Comment