7.15.2012
Jon and I are sitting in the Tiny Hands Office (couches to the right; facing windows).
It still amazes me that we are actually here! We've walked back and forth to the restaurant/tourist district (because we can't figure out our stove yet) and we've repeated this question many times: "Can you believe we're living in Kathmandu?!" I've worked for THI Stateside for three years, often pulling together notes from any report I could get my hands on, but all the while I always wondered what the staff was like over here. It's so crazy that to my left I can see two younger employees working hard on their laptops. It also amazes me how fast the internet speed in in the office (I'll be coming here often!) Here's a chart of all the employees that work for Tiny Hands Nepal: It's great to see their faces after praying for everyone over the years. I sometimes feel bad though because I can't understand some English words, hidden behind thick Nepali accents. Its so embarrassing and I really don't want them to think it is something they are doing wrong. We'll all get the hang of it soon enough. We'll today is our first routine workday. I think we're still adjusting (especially to the food/cooking situation at our apt). Sometimes the most simple things become so difficult like getting internet or eating. It throws you off a bit. We're now just waiting for the fun to arrive. Tonight and tomorrow the 20-some other Tiny Hands staff and Vision Team members get back into town. I think it was the perfect amount of time to get settled without being overwhelmed by too many people all at once. Its great that they are coming soon because we're now super ready and willing for friends :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment