7.27.2012
As some of you may already know, I have really been struggling to find passion. I know for others, this may seem completely out of place and odd for me to say. This has been a very peculiar thing to try to convey to Jon and some of you over the past several months leading up to our move, and now that we’re here in Nepal, the timing couldn’t have been any weirder!
I have worked in anti-trafficking organizations for about 7 years!!! Holy cow. I just did the math using my fingers right now and it was in 2006 when I first heard of trafficking at a conference at my alma matter: Vanguard. The following year was when I picked up work with the NGO Kids With Destiny (2 years) and in 2009 was when I started with Tiny Hands (almost 4 years in January).
Time is flying!!!
Anyway, it’s been a long and heartbreaking road for me within this realm of work. I’ve been so heartbroken over the girls I saw in India for the first time in 2007, the second and third trips to Nepal in 2009 and with Jon in 2010, and still today, I am heartbroken for my colleagues and the atrocities they have seen while serving God in their work. It can be really really sad and horrible sometimes.
I heard a calling on my life that was SUPER clear and it was in 2009 on the plane leaving Kathmandu (the only other two callings I can remember being that clear were to enroll at Vanguard and to marry Jon). I remember staring out the window as the plane took off and God set it on my unsettled heart that I should serve with Tiny Hands. I have faithfully done so from the US. I have been blessed to meet my husband and now he has had AMAZING passion ignited to work for justice! It’s truly a remarkable story of God’s faithfulness.
As I stated in the title though, "I’ve already made a decision and what I need is change.”
This decision is one Jon and I have discussed for a while now but again last night during our date night, it became clear how I should communicate it. I have decided to leave Tiny Hands and no longer hold a position with the organization. This is really wild for me, right?!
I’m sure many of you thought there would be no end to ‘Tiny Hands’ in sight!!! Yes shocking, but so necessary for me. I still have compassion to fight for justice and serve widows and orphans, as well as serve my husband as he continues his work with the organization. However, for me I’ve decided to find my passion in Nepal with a different organization.
When God called me to serve in 2009, it was never clear that I “MUST move to be in Nepal in order to be obedient.” I have uniquely worked remotely in the US and have do so obediently (often times even hoping Jon and I would move even sooner). All the while though, my fuel was being used up by this work. The longer we waited, the more energy I would use towards my work for TH and now there is very little I can do here (especially now that we are no longer in the US where most of my expertise was gained because I was good a the 'advocacy/marketing' stuff). Now looking back, its clear to me that yes, we could’ve served here sooner (for me to work here) but God really has been perfect in his timing in the matter (for Jon to work here). It’s a completely unexpected turn of events and has taken us both by surprise. It’s still God’s work though, and here in Nepal, he still wants me to create a masterpiece of his glory and splendor working in and through me. It just wont be with Tiny Hands any longer.
Please pray for me as during this HUGE transition. Not only to move on from an organization I completely adore, but also to build healthy relationships and community in and outside of Tiny Hands. I also need your prayers that this is all well received by the organization. It has been clear to me now but pray that God’s timing be revealed in conversation with the executives in the organization. Pray for Jon as he continues to lead me closer to God and pray that he continues to help me focus that my identity is not in “Jon the hubby” or in Tiny Hands, but only in God.
* This video was recorded 2 days later (http://youtu.be/Fb3bU5dKw0g)

0 comments:
Post a Comment