8.25.2012
Jon goes to the office each weekday to work with the investigators and anti-trafficking support staff, meanwhile, I’ve made some of my favorite coffeehouses my office (oh, the perks of working remotely). The summer college interns that I’ve been managing here (who live back in the US), will be wrapping up their projects within the next few weeks. I’m excited to be freed up soon so that I can further explore new ways to get involved! I love to network with other NGOs and I would really like to find new opportunities to eventually work in a human resources department.
Last week, Claire asked me to instruct one of the training sessions for the 25 new high school seniors that were selected for this year’s Women LEAD class. Women LEAD Nepal was founded three years ago by my friend, Claire Naylor (Claire grew up as a missionary kid in Nepal and Jon and I dubbed her as being a bit like a “prodigy child” because of her impressive abilities to speak fluent Nepali and strive in leading her NGO at the sh
ocking age of 22!). I taught these young women how to write a cover letter, resume and how to ace an interview. I am very passionate about mentoring young women and seeing them succeed in the professional world. I was blown away by their excitement to ask solid questions about their future careers. It really impacted me to partner with Claire’s dream
of empowering these young girls to become the next leaders in Nepal!
Connect with Women LEAD on Facebook
I am hoping God will set me on a path to discover how I can further share my gifts of networking, recruiting, training and managing people/programs, possibly with a future career in HR and a passion to serve again!

0 comments:
Post a Comment