8.02.2012
Having gone out yesterday and today to meet up with other people and other projects, I’m feeling encouraged that God’s opening doors for me.
THOUGHTS FROM YESTERDAY’S OUTING
I went to play soccer/futbol with a bunch of street kids yesterday. The Vision Team lead a bible study for them and we all ate lunch. The ministry is not one of Tiny Hands’ but it is called Agape and it a nice Nepali, Christian couple (Brian and Ruth) that put on this ministry at a partner church for the 25+ boys.
I met a girl about my age that is in a familiar program; we had lots of connections and discussed why she was in Nepal. Random and could totally have been from God that our paths crossed!
It’s possible that her organization called MATUAL, through Azuza Pacific University, might open up a new location for Master’s students here in Nepal. So long as they find a country director and a partner organization, they may consider the next step: recruiting students.
I think it would be a fantastic program to be a director for, especially because my friend Becca helped to start it! Becca and I have been friends since meeting in Kolkata on my first trip to India in 2007. Ironically, it was a mutual friend from APU, Rhoman, who I had visited two years later here in Nepal and he was the one that introduced me to Tiny Hands!
Now five years after our first meeting in India, Becca and I could potentially work together and bring Tiny Hands into the picture too! How cool, right?
I have really been feeling more confident that I WILL find something here and God’s really speaking through many more quiet times that I’m able to do with all the extra time on my hands right now.
THOUGHTS FROM TODAY’S OUTING
Jon and I were already invited to a friends’ birthday party! We went to the zoo and it was SUUUUUUPER fun!!! I loved all the animals and how unique they all were—really hadn’t even seen a lot of them before in my lifetime! The hippo was the best part. Our friends, Shona (Canadian with a Nepali mother) and Santos (works with Jon) were the friends that invited us. Another colleague, Kara, was there along with about 40ish Nepali friends and distant relatives of Shona’s. It kinda reminded me of Filipino gatherings (except dal was involved instead of any traces of pig).
Jon and I had a blast and I really don’t take it for granted having Jon with me during a work day! I LOVE it. I really hope we can go to Living Home, one of Tiny Hands’ children’s homes, together soon. I went to the other Katmandu children’s home here yesterday called, One Way, and it was a really special experience with the cutest little kids EVER—but couldn’t help think that Jon should really be there...next time for sure!
*New video of an elephant taking a bath at the Kathmandu zoo: http://youtu.be/h_z8KZQVnf8





0 comments:
Post a Comment