8.24.2012

Welcome to the age of responsibility! That's right, and yes you are hearing this from Jenna Hudlow. It's about time, right?! hehe

I've been able to really process more about this transition while I've been here in Nepal, especially over the brief birthday trip with Jon to Chitwan National Park. Jon and I had a lot of great conversations that I'm still continuing to process today. Mostly though, the thing we determined is that Jon is now in the place I was in (free and ready to serve faithfully) and I am where he was at in DC (wanting to work to support us and make more responsible choices for our family, not just financially).

It's been so crazy to both be able to support one another but find our individual walks switch so drastically in these ways. How insane, right? We know the purpose for us to be in Nepal is clearer as we continue to dive into our hearts for poverty and injustice, as well as for our refueled passion to pursuit God and how to serve him with our lives and as a couple.

Jon honored me in so many ways to show me his love for my birthday this year.


A new djimbe, playing with kids and an epic adventure to ride elephants, what more can a girl ask for?! Though there were some stresses when it came to traveling by bus in Nepal, we still were able to manage fine. We're pros now after the frustrating buses we endured in South America! hehe

Please continue praising God for the time Jon and I have here in Nepal but also for our gentleness in communication. Travel and life out here can become difficult in an instant but patience for this culture and exuding exceptional kindness are ways we can both grow (like all of us, eh?).

Video recap: http://youtu.be/MHzuhmdbVsw

0 comments: