8.05.2012

On Saturday I submitted an application for a nonprofit in Kathmandu called World Vision International Nepal. This is a very exciting step to anticipate what God may do next while we're living here in Nepal. More about this application in a minute but first three other things to note:

1. As my husband, Jon's Godly service to me is to point out when I am sinning. Kindheartedly, he mentioned a sin that I've started to notice more and more while I've been living in Nepal. Here, you really strip away all distractions of image and the need for people's attention. It's really opened my eyes to God's goodness and my identity in Him now, more than I have ever seen before (when living in the States). It's really phenomenal!

2. Church sermons have challenged us here in Nepal. We've now attended service on two different weekends and we really like our pastor. We thought we might have a more difficult time plugging into a good church that we really liked or could understand (one in English) and it is really amazing that we like this one so much right off the bat! The worship, the preaching, and the international missionary community is all what we had really hoped to find. We would also like to attend church with Nepali's too, but at least initially, this is a great way to plug in and get spiritually fed. Nepali church meets on Saturdays because other religions have their holy day on Saturday so it works better for their work week-- we'll likely be able to attend both a Nepali church on Saturday and continue attending our intl. church on Sunday too. That will work out well!

3. I caught up with a friend on Skype at the end of last week and she pointed out that God was really working on my heart here (in reference to a comment I made about being here to support my husband's ministry and doing ministry together-- also really having so much time and less distractions for bible devos) . It was the first time someone called me out like that in a while. On the one hand you think to yourself: "Was I really that bad before- jerk" hehe. On the other hand, it's great to have a close friend really know you and tell you when they can see change happening and someone who can see a oneness with God.

So now back to the conclusion about the World Vision Application. World Vision is the largest Christian and US Nonprofit, it is based in Federal Way, WA (where my mom lives), has offices around the US (incl DC) and they work in many countries around the world! I've have really come into knowing more and more about this organization since college, but especially since living in DC. When I was interning for IJM, I discovered that the intern program was based off of the World Vision intern program. I eventually became passionate about interns so much so that I redesigned my experience as an intern and eventually ran the intern program for Tiny Hands this past year. I'm still sorta passionate about interns, but more so I am passionate about the idea of developing and running programs (managing people through HR too).

I have applied to intern for World Vision here in Nepal for one year as an intern to hopefully shadow th
eir National HR Director in the Kathmandu Office. I feel like this could be great because I am at the tail end of the "intern age group" (I'll probably be one of the oldest interns) and am really curious to see how WV runs their international intern program. It's a great time for observation. I would love to learn about how the largest NGO in the world functions internally and I really hope to take part in the HR department.

Oneness with God is something I hope this week and next will bring through this application process. For me, it is one of the first times that I can truly sense his omnipresence in the matter. I hope to glorify Him in this process by giving it all to Him. Proverbs 16: 3; 9 teaches on this biblical principle: "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed; In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."

Please pray with and for me this week over this application and potential hiring process.

0 comments: