9.03.2005
Yesterday i had my first shift at work. I got a job in the school coffee stand called Java City. It is sweet; its right in the middle of the campus in this hang out lounge called The Cove. I was supposed to start last wednesday but i had an orientation instead. I will be working 16 hr weeks only mondays, wednesdays and fridays between 10-3 (and 4 on fri). I personally think i have the best job in the world right now. I dont need a car and i just walk over after my classes. My friends come in to see me all day long and i get to meet so many more people too. The women i work with are much older and are like moms. Oh and not to mention the rad hours! I am so blessed beyond what i could ve ever imagined. So anyway i had my first day yesterday and it was a breeze because i have had a lot of experience already.
Last night after work i took a 3 1/2 hr nap! yay i woke up and was invited to go to all these places like downtown disney, the beach, movies and more but some friends and i ended up just wanted to relax and hang around the campus for the rest of the evening. We checked out our girls vball game, hung out int he guys' dorms and then chilled in one of the girls' lounges to watch "Without a Paddle". After the movie a group of about 7 went ona run and i decided to sit on my bottom to talk with some friends. We ended the night by going to Jack in the box at 1:30. That was all just in one night! Imagine what it would be like for a whole day here!!! hehe Life at Vanguard is sweet, i can never get enough of anything... the friend, the religion, the classes, and everything else this school has to offer:) I absolutely love everything here!
So a quick recap of today so far...
One of my roommates went home again because she is still really homesick but the other one, Charlene aka Charley, stayed. So charley and i slept it...it was SO nice. Then i spent some time with one of my friend sjust hangin gout and tlaking in her room. I cam eback up to my floor and a whole bunch of girls were going to the giant swap meet across the street at the COSTA mESA Fairgrounds. I got sunglasses for $5 and some cut eearrings for $2.50! yay We hit up the local ice cream/frozen yogurt place called golden spoon (its like cold stone) and now im back here trying to get some work done before igo out again tonight. We're going to Balboa to have a bon fire...Smores, uno, cards, and guitar music...the works! It should be tight. check me again tomorrow to hear about how it goes!

0 comments:
Post a Comment